Monday, March 22, 2010

What's behind your name?

As with most names, there are always meanings behind them, irregardless of language and culture. I kinda roughly know what my name means but not specifially, so I took the initiative to find out after I realised that

a) people seriously think that I'm such a BANANA that they underestimate me
b) my name has a beautiful meaning to it
c) it is so not shallow (thank goodness)
d) this is a very good conversation topic :)

Just to make things clear (and to support my non-shallow-superficial remark) the 'Li' in my name is not written as "丽" in "美丽" which means 'beautiful'. Every single person who has ever tried to take a stab at my name makes that mistake.

My mom will never give me such a shallow name, thank you.

Roughly translated my name means "water trickling into an overflowing urn".

Which means...here's a picture of it!



Okay. That's more like trickling out but...apples and oranges.


I have friends with names that mean "Swallow", "Firefly", "Friendly Carp", "Jade Pearl", and "Good Wisdom". I know, we sound like a native tribe.

Btw, HAPPY WORLD WATER DAY EVERYBODY!!!

Do you know what your name means?

No comments:

Post a Comment