Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Special Edition 50 Note

I know this is really old news -- the country's money reserve issued a new 50 ringgit note last year to commemorate the 50th year of independence, etc. with more designs to prevent counterfeiting etc.

It's just that today, I noticed that there is a Special Edition RM50 note which bears the '50 years of independence' logo on the top right corner on the back of the note.

It was by accident actually.

I was paying at the cashier and only had an RM50 note to spare, and it's a new one at that. Out of habit, I tend to be a bit reluctant to spend the 'new' note because I still don't come across it very often ( I don't know why, but the ATMs here still spew out old RM50 notes to me ). And also out of habit, I usually keep a new note in my purse just for the fun of it.

The split second it takes for me to feel 'reluctant' was all that was needed to notice the little logo on the note.


Ha. And I got this from the cashier at the petrol station the other day :)

Digressing from work,

No comments:

Post a Comment