Monday, March 1, 2010

Chap Goh Meh

Funny how the hokkien version of the name of the day is generally accepted.

Chap Goh Meh, which literally translates to the 'fifteenth night', is the last day the Chinese New Year celebrations. It's also supposed to be some wishful night for singles out there. LOL. Mandarin oranges tossing, etc. Stuff I've never done.

Last night, for us, is more like a celebration of friends. And food -- two homecooked food: chicken rice and bubur chacha for dessert.

And a lot of free fireworks for entertainment.

And a lot of guys to finish up the food.

It's very satisfying when you've spent some time cooking and then people appreciate your hardwork, asked for seconds, and finish up everything. Finishing up everything. Magical words. I also liked the fact that the guys insisted on washing up (because I don't like to do dishes).

Although it is a bit weird to be complimented (I think) that my cooking taste like somebody's mother's.

On an entirely different topic, I am not kedekut ilmu okay?

:P

No comments:

Post a Comment