Friday, March 26, 2010

Blue Potato Strategy

This was supposed to be up a coupla nights ago, but I didn't want it to, you know, take the spotlight away from KK Twestival and all that. So I put it off till after.

It's short but I just have to show it to the world.

The sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas) is a root/tuberous vegetable that many of us are very familiar with. The most common orange one, and of course the purple. Usually, I don't really give it a second thought, but if I see one lying around the house, I am always tempted to boil it to make fan shu tong sui (fsts) -- which literally translates from cantonese to "sweet potato sugar water".

Diabetes-waiting-to-happen.

It's not that bad. Honestly. And the all gooey potato is really nice.

Digressing. Sorry. My point is, when one makes fsts from the purple species of sweet potato, one expects the fsts to be purple in colour. Which is the norm.

The fsts made by yours truly turned out BLUE.


Honest-to-goodness.
Thank you very much,

No comments:

Post a Comment