Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Cheaters' Pizza

Because PBJ is boring.

* 6 more days to my personal training session *

Ulp.

That said, I'm at the moment trying to reduce rubbish-food intake and confining myself to certain types of food. Wholemeal bread for one. Because I still need the carbs to run. And milk, because calcium is good.

And because starving yourself is just plain dumb.

So anyway, since I have to eat bread-oh-boring-bread for the next few days (lest hello fungus and I have to throw out the rest of the loaf), I came up with another way to make my bread interesting.

Introducing the "Cheaters' Pizza"!




All you need are:
  • Bread
  • Butter/margarine
  • Tomato Puree
  • Mixed herbs/dried herbs/fresh herbs
  • Black pepper
  • A skillet
  • A stove/cooker/fireplace/campfire
I don't even need to tell you what to do 'cos it's so simple. Just that basically you either butter the bread and throw it onto a skillet, or melt butter in the skillet and throw the bread in and just keep turning it over and over so that you get toast ('cos I do not have a toaster). Next to go on is the tomato puree, herbs, and black pepper. Keep them on the skillet (on low flame all the time) for a bit till the puree doesn't look like it just came out from the can.
Pretty much, that's it. Hence I call it Cheater's Pizza* 'cos it's so simple.
* you can call it Pumpkin Eater's Pizza too, if you like

Here's a close-up. I apologise for the bite 'cos I couldn't resist not trying it before I had the opp to take a photo.


Right. Back to work. Flow duration curves, regional regression curves...oh you are the bane of me!!!

Cheers y'all, and have a good mid-week!

No comments:

Post a Comment