Monday, November 2, 2009

Grilled Chicken with Vegetables

I still owe at least SIX entries of my European experience. It's so backdated, I reckon it's not going to make that much difference either :P

Soon, people. I promise.

But today, I am going to show-off my "cooking prowess" (which I've not done for ages). For dinner, I had this:


Coming from me, rest assured that it is oh-so-simple because I do not like a lot of hassle when it comes to cooking for one.

For the chicken:
salt
pepper
slices of garlic
dried mixed herbs
Absolut Pears
Basically what I did was rub salt, pepper, and the herbs on the chicken fillets, cut some slits and stuck garlic slices into them, and then doused the fillets with a bit of vodka. The last ingredient was kind of like an experimental thing. I was just itching to add one more thing to the chicken because the other stuff are so typical. Then I left the chicken for several hours in the fridge to get drunk.
The vegetable bed is easy. What I did was heat some olive oil in a pan, put in some chopped garlic to brown, then put in potatoes and celery. I added some water occasionally and covered the pan because the potatoes need time to cook. Next I took out the celery, and put in the spinach, wilt them with the potatoes. Salt and pepper to taste.
Grilling chicken is even easier. I heat some olive oil in a pan and placed the marinated chicken in. What was fun was that I had a pair of thongs to cook with. It makes turning the fillets over a whole lot easier (and professional looking).
Right. That's enough of me pretending that this is a cooking blog.
Absolutly yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment