Monday, May 11, 2009

Day 2: Baked in the sun

Now at least three of my friends understand what I have to go through everytime I go to field. We took a boat from Tongod to Tangkulap and back, and the trip was about SIX HOURS. Six hours under the hot burning sun.

I don't even care that I look like one of those construction labourers anymore.

We made a stop at one of the 'islands' along the river ('cos the boatman needed to pee). River rocks are kinda cool.

Straying a little, you know how embarassing it is when you make a remark about some cute guy and then someone near you say they're related or they know him or something? While on the boat, we passed this young man who was washing his boat along the river and I mentioned to Vanny that he looks macho, and as always with me when on the river, I'll wave to anybody I see either on the banks or in passing boats. So I waved to this guy and he waved back. And then our boatman said "That's my brother." And then Vanny had to tell Mr Boatman that I've just remarked that his brother is cute *smacks forehead*

With another day's work done, we decided to head down to Sandakan and put up a night there. And unlike the first night, we didn't konked out at 9pm, but there wasn't anything good on telly anyway. I discovered that it's fun to receive a phone call and having the conversation in the bathroom sitting on top of a closed toilet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment