Saturday, May 23, 2009

back...

...5 days earlier :)

Yesterday was rather unfruitful (fruitless?) as the other team ran into some engine trouble on the river and was delayed over an hour. Since we were already too late to get to either Sandakan or KK to courier the samples, practically what we did the whole day was for nothing.

Sing and I got back about more than an hour before Claire and Randy so we ended up playing with the boatman's kids, folding origami stuff and drawing pictures for them. Initially I folded a small origami jumping frog from some leftover paper for Suwanta's 2-year-old. Then since it's really difficult to make a 2cm frog jump, I folded a larger one for her. After awhile of playing, she went into the house and brought out this massive katak toy and gave it to me! That toy frog was so huge, I could stick the paper frogs into its mouth! That was really cute and funny.

Anyway, the samples Sing and I got were useless so we ended up pouring it down the drain in front of my house in KF :) Well, we wanted to pour it on Sing 'cos he missed his chance to mandi sungai...

So yea, crap happens at times..you spend over five hours in the hot hot sun and ended up not being able to do anything. But it's part and parcel of every element in Life (omg why so philosophical?). Like I've said it before, things always happen for a reason, and then it turns out not so cacat after all.

If we had indeed got all our samples just in time and having to rush back to KK, we wouldn't have had the time to take another shower in the inn, had a good (very) late lunch -- mi goreng basah, nasi goreng payau, and tuhau. And I wouldn't have gotten the chance to drive all the way back to KK from Telupid in the rain, mist, and darkness. oWh, and not forgetting the coffee at Bayu Kinabalu :)

Just so that nobody gets it wrong, I really love my job. It's just typical of me to be reluctant to wake up early so there's always an 'ugh' if I have to be up anytime before 6am (ugh).

x's and o's!

No comments:

Post a Comment