Monday, December 13, 2010

Reusing is Recycling

Like printing on not only both sides of the paper, but also over the previous stuff (especially when it involves drafts of graphs), I like to think that I have put a piece of paper to its full use before transferring it to the recycle pile.

So, remember I have this totally awesome field notebook (photo here) which was in this irreversible disgusting condition since the day I got soaked in the rain in Batu Putih last year during one of my sampling escapades? It has deteriorated since, what with more notes and thumbing through its pages to refer to the data. About a month ago, its back cover fell off, and it had to be held together by a flimsy piece of tape. Recently, part of the book came off its cover.

*sigh*

Although I do rather take pride of its state of deconstruction, I knew I had to do something before I start losing vital pieces of information. And then I had this brilliant idea with an old Starbucks paper bag I found wedged between some books in the shelf!


Voila! Good as new!

My green answer to "What else can I do with a Starbucks paper bag?" :)

And I didn't need to ply myself with drinks to collect stamps for a "Starbucks organiser".



No comments:

Post a Comment