Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Just Report Spam

Alright.

Let's begin by saying "What is wrong with the people in this world?"

What has happened to Courtesy? To Decorum?

It's odd when random stupid people whom I don't know decide to annoy the hell out of me, they tend to form some pact and do it consecutively in waves.

It began with those usual 'wrong number' calls. TWO different numbers this time, mind you. They call and then they hang up before I could answer. And when I do, they demand for some person whom I don't know, in some language which I don't understand. If I ask them to repeat themselves or ask them who they are, they will proceed to rudely yell at me for some godforsaken reason. If I tell them it's the wrong number, they will hang up abruptly (no apologies mind you) and then continue calling me over and over again.

Maybe they are blind, so they can't see the same ol' number displayed on their cellphones' screens. Or maybe they are as dumb as potatoes that they can't tell it's the same ol' number they are dialling.

I think if potatoes could talk, they would at least apologise. And what is it with these people who call the wrong number and then yell at the person on the other end as if it's their fault?


And then there's these bunch of people, interns from KPMG (insert sarcastic "ooohhh prestigious Big Four company") , who somehow by mistake have me in their private message-conversation on Facebook. I don't even know how did that happen because I don't know any of them. So after a few messages from these unknown people stating their phone numbers and current location and workplaces, I decided to inform them that they have made a mistake so if they could either remove me from the list (or if they are smart enough, seeing as they are Auditors in KPMG so I thought they are -- but apparently not -- to start a new message chain or whatever it is they are doing).

I was even nice enough to tell them that they wouldn't really want strangers to be privy of their personal information.

But as far as dumb goes, they continued with more contact numbers and then there was this conversation about "I think the *insert name* you tagged is also the wrong one" and "Oh no, not again! I tagged wrong people!".

AGAIN. Means not first time. Duh.

I think the point which took the cake was that they actually had a conversation about having wrong people in the conversation, as if the "wrong people" wouldn't be able to see that, and had absolutely no sense of courtesy to apologise for their mistake.

I didn't know the Recession affected the price of Apologies.

And since they continued to flood my inbox, I guess that qualifies as Spam. So...REPORT SPAM I did.

Maybe I should sell their personal details to telemarketers.

Or send those rude potatoes in Scenario 1 the phone numbers of the rude potatoes in Scenario 2 so that they could have a hashbrown party.

I mean come on, stop annoying people you don't know, and if it's a mistake, just apologise. What's so difficult about that?


p/s: I apologise to all potatoes for inadvertantly insulting them by calling these rude people "potatoes". Oh, and calling potatoes 'dumb'.

2 comments:

  1. you made feel like eating potatoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mcker's have awesome twisted fries at the moment...

    ReplyDelete