Saturday, December 4, 2010

Childhood Treasures: MLP Whizzer

Apparently it's "Change your Facebook profile picture to a cartoon from your childhood and invite your friends to do the same. Until Monday, December 6, 2010, there should be no human faces on Facebook, but an invasion of memories. This is a campaign for children's rights and violence against children."

Right.

Based on the above excuse, I shall continue with my trip down memory lane. Meet my second pony: Whizzer -- a Twinkle-Eyed pegasus from circa 1985-1986.

Whizzer has symbols of beanies on her haunch and being a Twinkle-Eyed pony, she has 'jewels' for eyes (which made it very quaint to me when I was a kid). Her mane and tail were also of two colours and she is bigger than Morning Glory. Whizzer came with a purple (I know the picture shows pink but, yea, mine was purple) Shooting Star comb:

In the cartoons, Whizzer had a more colourful mane and tail, and honestly, I reckon she was pretty annoying. Living up to her namesake, Whizzer moves about and speaks really fast, usually stringing her sentences together. And usually saying everything in one breath.



Generation 1 ponies...good stuff :)



No comments:

Post a Comment