Friday, December 3, 2010

Childhood Treasures: MLP Morning Glory

There's this thing going round Facebook today: "Change your Facebook profile picture to a cartoon from your childhood and invite your friends to do the same. Until Monday, December 6, 2010, there should be no human faces on Facebook, but an invasion of memories. This is a campaign for children's rights and violence against children."

Fad or not, I thought it'd be fun to showcase some My Little Pony (it's been a long while) and whilst doing that, I got a little nostalgic. And it being a Friday and all, I thought, "What the heck, Fridays are for corny entries." So here goes:

My very first My Little Pony (MLP) was a Flutter Pony named Morning Glory. And it being a product of 1985 made it even more cool.

You can see her namesake are marked on her sides :)

Flutter Ponies differ from the other Ponies in regard of their size (they're slightly smaller) and they have longer legs. Their wings are of the iridescent variety (and the toy-version breaks easily -- they're removable and when you stick them into their slots on the pony's back, there's this button which you press makes them wings go up and down LOL). I remember Morning Glory came with this pink flower comb:

What I remember too was that when I was a kid, I watched a lot of MLP cartoons. They used to have them over the weekend mornings, and I had some of them on VHS tapes too. I think there was one which they called the MLP Movie where Ponyville was attacked by some purple goo which made creatures that came into contact with it hostile and unfriendly. The Ponies seeked the help of the Flutter Ponies (and their magical wings) and I remember this was how Morning Glory looked like in the cartoon:

What amused me was that I used to watch the cartoons with the dolls. And if I see them in the cartoon, I would say to my dolls "Look! That's you!" :) Also, as with all little girls and dolls that come with comb-able hair, I used to bathe them ponies and shampoo their manes.

Kids.

Ahh...the good ol' days *hums MLP theme song*


No comments:

Post a Comment