Monday, July 5, 2010

An Ode to Shoes

I don't usually write about shallow stuff like this, but once in a while, a girl has to succumb to her love for shoes and the phrase "We were meant for each other!".

Oh Roxy Fiesta Sandals, you were definitely meant for me!

It was love at first sight, when I first set eyes on the pair of white embroidered espadrilles a while back, when it was on the New Arrival shelf. After a whole lot of admiring, a quick peek at the price tag confirms that "No! I'm sorry, but I can't have you!"

RM239.90 for a pair of dress shoes? No way. I'd rather spend that amount on a pair of running shoes. It's always function over form when it comes to splurging, yes sirree!

So I thought, it was "Fare thee well, oh pretty shoes."

Fast forward many months later, and I have put the shoes at the back of my mind. I came up with this random random thought of "Hey, let's go check out bikinis, just for the heck of it."

And would you believe it, them shoes are in the bargain bin going at 70% discount. SEVENTY PERCENT!!! And it was the LAST DAY of the sale (which has been going on for, apparently, a month -- which brought about this remark at me: "What have you been doing for a month? How could you not know this?")

It was "Hello my dearies..." all over again...till I discovered they were not in my size! A request was made to the other outlet, if they have the same pair in my size and... they said Yes! All seems to be good again.

After a whole lot of mucking around, we eventually went to the other outlet to claim my shoes, but would you believe it? They reserved the wrong pair! The wrong design!!! So I hurried over to the bargain bin, and as luck would have it, there is one last pair hanging miserably on a hook. I could hear them calling to me "Save us...oh please, save us!"

And I really lucked out. It was the RIGHT SIZE! *big sigh of relief*

And just to prove how the shoes and I were meant together, someone else wanted them when they saw it on the counter. "Sorry lady, all's fair in love and war. They are MINE!!!"

Them shoes and I live happily ever after. The end.

~ ~

Right. I hope you've enjoyed my melodramatic entry. Now I shall go try regrow some brain cells.

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment