Wednesday, June 23, 2010

*KOFF*

I hate coughing. I think it's one of the worst parts of being sick. Being sick is already sucky enough as it is, and especially when one doesn't fall sick ever so often, when the sick comes, it COMES.

Productivity - below zero
Proper sleep - almost zero

It's difficult to sleep when you are coughing your lungs out and trying your best not to cough your brains out as well. I always wonder if that is possible. Take last night, for instance: I should have had a good sleep seeing as I took a piriton prior to bed (which is supposed to knock me out) and not to mention, some sweet sweet stuff :) yet I woke up so often I wondered if I ever did sleep.

So I decided to pay the doctor a visit this morning and ended up with a bottle of Dried Ivy Extract Cough Syrup. Yay! OD time!!!

Coughing is so exhausting, I think I have abs from all these abdominal-pectoral 'exercise'. Rubbish.

I've noticed a couple of things though. When I'm sick, I become awfully compliant. Perhaps I'm just too exhausted to argue or say anything else so I just go "okay". Now you know when is the best time to ask me stuff. I've also realised that sometimes I tend to become all ooey-gooey due to the self-pity I feel. What's that local word for it? Oh yes... 'manja' :P

Gah.

Hope I get well soon enough.

*koff*koff*KOFF*kOfF!!!*

No comments:

Post a Comment