Monday, July 19, 2010

Regrets

Because no new entries have been posted for about two weeks, I feel a tad sorry for the blog. Thus I thought I'd post something here to reduce the unfortunate vibe.

Before anything, I realised I didn't post an update for the previous entry which is supposed to say SPAIN WON THE WORLD CUP *world-domination-triumphant-laughter* And, of course, I won my bet. Unfortunately, again, it's not cash...so, pfft..

Right. Title check.

The other day, a friend asked me if there were anything of the past that I have regretted. When I thought about it, I could quote Frank Sinatra's "Regrets, I've had a few...". Who doesn't, right? I guess it's simply a matter of learning from the regrets and move on. Let bygones be bygones, live and let live, all that cliché.

One of the most common regrets I sometimes have is when I'm bored with my work. The "I should have just gone back and did something else..." and the "What the heck am I doing?" thoughts. But those come and go so fast, they don't really bother me.

I think one of my regrets was that some things in the past ended on a sour note. Ugly crap. And since I'm tired of being the one who is always so forgiving (read doormat) I just thought "Screw all" and severed all ties. Sometimes I do think about it, like, was it actually worth it? "What if the same thing happened in a different way? A less ugly way?" I wouldn't know. But after so long, you know, whatever.

Maybe the answer all these while was: Yes, it really wasn't worth it.

So. Screw All.

Monday's musings.

Tomorrow shall be Tuesday's thoughts (duh).

"We seldom regret the things we do in life, only the things we don’t do."


No comments:

Post a Comment