Thursday, December 10, 2009

The 100th Entry

The blog has been quiet, except for the occasional random ramblings of petty matters. It's happening because I thought I have to live up to the "do more journalistic approach entries instead of the 'deep' crap involving emotions schemotions" vow I wrote in the very first entry.

That said, I apologise for not obeying that one single rule I made. I am sure a post with one sentence and a photo of the obscene amount of Body Shop products I have does not account for a 'journalistic entry'.

But then again, if you put 'journalistic' in another context...

The other day I read somewhere about the differences between a Diary and a Journal. Apparently a diary is a recording of daily events and you're supposed to write in it every day. I guess then mine would probably go like this: Woke up. Ran errands. Sat in front of the laptop. Read five academic journals *yawn*. Sat in front of the laptop somemore. Went running. Sat in front of the laptop somemore. Went to bed.

Dullsville, here I come.

A journal instead, doesn't have to be written in ever yday and you write when you feel deeply about something, some thoughts and stuff like that. My physical one is a lifesaver. I have a list of my pet peeves in there so that I know why I'm irritated with some people. Since I brought it up, here's a sneak peek:

- a negative perception of life and complaining too, too, TOO much
- repetitively asking me questions that I don't know the answers to
- expecting me to read minds (I can't always do it, okay?)
- being a punching bag, physically

On the first pet peeve, I actually do listen to people and their problems, but there is a limit, and especially when one is not of the exclusive inner circle I'd rather you spare me already known facts that the system sucks and what not. Come on, I'm not Aunt Agony.

As the year rolls to a close, looking back, I think there isn't much to regret for this year. Whatever I did were stuff I wanted to do. Sometimes I do lose focus. I have doubts about decisions I've made. Passion dwindled, novelty wearing off, that kind of things. But I reckon everyone in graduate school feels the same. No wait. I think everyone feels that way in Life. There are times that I did thought of the "What ifs.." and the "If onlys.." but then I know very well those thoughts aren't going to help in any way. What if I have made a different decision, in a different place, surrounded by different people? One can only wonder, but most importantly, I reckon, is to be happy with what you have and what you are doing.

Also that it satisfies your conscience.

I know that along the way, I have been taken advantage of but I believe that everyone gets what they deserve in the end.

For the most of it, 2009 has been pretty filled to the brim with adventures and experiences. I have been high several times -- High on Life. It's a very good feeling. Better than weed. The kind of high that brings tears of joy and this feeling that you're just very happy and thankful that you are ALIVE. (And no, it didn't happen in Amsterdam where in some places the air may be saturated with secondhand weed smoke.)

Some New Year's Resolutions that I can think of for now:
1. Get out of the comfort zone (or something in that sense...I haven't really figured that out yet, just that I want to do Something next year)
2. Run more (not like I'm running any less at the moment, but yea, running is good fun)
3. Complete thesis by June 2010 (this is a Very Solid Resolution)

I have more to write, but I know a lot of people get annoyed with too many words (although that's silly seeing as this is a blog, and it is for writing). But then again, people also complain if there's too many photos. Go figure.

People are stupid.

As if I'm not one.


Cheers all,

No comments:

Post a Comment