Monday, December 28, 2009

Closure for the Year

Fare thee well, Year 2009. Thou hast been good.

I say this pretty often in my life so far, and I believe I will be saying it over and over again throughout the course of my lifetime: Oh my, time really does fly!

Hours melt into days. Days melt into weeks. Weeks melt into months. Next thing you know, it's the final few days of the year. The phrase "See you next year!" is applicable to seeing you on Friday.

Besides that, the big hoo-hah is on about the end of another decade. DECADE. 10 friggin' years. That went by amazingly fast. It didn't feel that long ago when everyone's worried about being hit by the 'millenium bug' and we were told to not go online on the 31st Dec 1999 because "all gadgets will go haywire and crash".

2000 came and my computer didn't hang at that time.

This year had some great stuff to offer:

- The comeback of Guybrush Threepwood! Yay to Monkey Island! After such a long long time (I reckon the first Monkey Island game I played was in primary school) this year Lucasarts and Telltale Games unveiled the five-chapter Tales of Monkey Island!

- The comeback of Arthur Dent and gang! I didn't expect the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy to have anymore new sequels (what with the death of Douglas Adams and all that) but whatdayaknow? "And Another Thing..." by Eoin Colfer, Part 6 of 3 of H2G2! I know, that sounds a tad confusing, but it's all good :) Yay to the sixth book!

- Mcker's Prosperity Burger made a comeback NOT during the lunar new year, and costing a bit less than the last time it was sold.

That said, I can't think of anything else for the moment. Hope something more substantial comes up before the end of the year.


3 more days,

1 comment: