Monday, January 12, 2009

To Recap

I've been in Sabah since mid-2005 when I first set foot here to do my undergraduate degree. With that over and done, I am now continuing my masters degree and thus having a couple more extra years to completely discover this place. All my previous escapades were recorded in my old Multiply blog . Seeing as it is a new year and a new chapter of my life (with a lot of other major changes), I thought I'd move over to Blogspot and do more journalistic approach entries instead of the 'deep' crap involving emotions schemotions.

Within the past three years I've done most of the 'typical' activities in the westcoast of Sabah, them being:
- climbing Mount Kinabalu
- whitewater rafting in Padas
- driven to Kudat, the tip of Borneo
- visited the 'cold country' Kundasang
- island hopped the three islands close to Kota Kinabalu - Manukan, Mamutik, Sapi
- got my diver's license
- stayed a night in the Gunung Mas Treehouse
- saw the (in)famous parasitic flower, the Rafflesia

And then, of course, there are the not-so-typical places such as the abandoned Copper Mine in Mamut, the mangrove reserves of Sulaman Lake, the oil palm plantations in Sandakan, numerous small villages/towns that are scattered all over the interior of the state.

That said, I've yet to make my way to three major spots: Danum Valley, Maliau Basin and the island of Sipadan.

Next two entries will be about Kinabatangan and HOME.

xo Li Ying

No comments:

Post a Comment