Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday

I came across this quote from somewhere (and because I'm being me on a Sunday, I'm not too bothered to google for it): Life is not easy, but it is great to have a Life.

Tell me about it.

Part of the time I just feel like killing myself with my lack of progress. It's so wtfish...I know I can do this, and I know I MUST finish this crummy thing up but it drives me absolutely bonkers. And the chair sucks and my back blardy aches (and I'm now just bitchin' about anything I can).

Doodling my Man as a goofy fuzzball (on my thesis drafts)

So to overcome the pathetic suicidal feelings, I decided to procrastinate (yes, that is the smartest thing I could come up with) by folding paper flowers. Come to think of it, being Chinese and all, "paper flowers" and "suicidal" shouldn't be in the same sentence. Oh well.

I completely suck in colouring.

I attempted four types of flowers: a daisy, a lily, a kusudama flower, and a kawasaki rose. The rose ended up in the trash can, even after two sincere attempts. The others are proudly laid on my laptop for the world to see (and with the horrid reminder of me procrastinating for a background).


Bitchin' about stupid work aside (I really really should stop calling it stupid 'cos that's just bad attitude), it really is great to be alive. I mean, if you're dead, there's plenty of things you couldn't be doing. For instance, folding origami flowers. And discovering that your colouring skills have been left behind in kindergarten. And also the occasional feeling of complete sappiness. Sappy corny happiness. That sometimes can help to forget the aching back you have. But the promise of a great back massage would, of course, be better.

Also I met Sigourney Weaver last Friday. That was kind of my highlight of the week (despite the fact that I have pictures of paper flowers instead of her). Being on a job and having to be all professional, I can't take any photos of her or ask her for an autograph...which kinda sucked. I mean, she is the Queen of sci-fi! She's a very beautiful, classy woman, who is not only down-to-earth but oh-so-intelligent as well. I am so very impressed. Also starstruck.

She hinted on a prequel of Aliens (which she is not in) and also a sequel of Avatar (and she added that James Cameron told her that "nobody actually dies in science-fiction"). She said something which inspired me to deal with my writing crisis: to approach the same idea from another direction/perspective. I liked that...but was too tired to act on it on Friday (and Saturday. And Sunday).

'Nuff said. I can't wait for Friday (although I don't like that time is going by too fast and I'm not working fast enough).

I still can't wait for Friday :)

1 comment: