Thursday, April 28, 2011

Storms

I love storms. I know that when it rains, it means I can't go out to do things, outdoor sport plans have to be cancelled, my car would be dirty...but there is something very magnificent about storms. Kind of like watching a fire: beautiful from far, but dangerous when you are too close.

I also love the words that are associated with storms: Raging. Violent. Unexpected.

Lightning. Rolling thunder.

I also like how they make storms as a simile to tea:

"A storm in the teacup."

"A storm is brewing."

Storms are awesome right from the beginning when the thunderheads roll in. You see the waves getting choppier, the leaves rustling more aggresively in the trees, and the wind whips up. I love the wind because at times when you feel down, stand outside on a windy day and it almost feels like the wind blows away all your problems, even only for that moment. Also it messes up everyone's hair so you don't really have to worry about how you look like. Seeing heavy dark clouds in the horizon is also one of nature's magnificent pieces of artwork.

I love the storm because when it is over, the world seems like a cleaner place. In a poetic sense, the storm comes and flushes all the dirt away, cleaning the slate anew.

I am sure a whole lot of people would be cursing me for this. I know storms suck when it strikes when you are leaving for work, or leaving for home. Storms cause massive traffic jams, flash floods. It sucks to be outside when the sudden storm strikes up.


But in a moment out of time, when you are safely indoors, look out the windows, and just watch the beauty of a storm.

Storms are awesome ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment