Thursday, August 19, 2010

Surrealism

Surrealism is a cultural movement that began in the early 1920s, and is best known for the visual artworks and writings of the group members.

Salvador Dali's The Persistence of Memory (1931)

That aside, I am experiencing some indescribable feelings. It's not something bad... it's just surreal. It's like a bunch of anticipation plus a dash of anxiety. Did I say anxiety? I meant nervousness. Apprehension.

Right. I admit. I have pretty low expectations of people in general. Perhaps it is some kind of defence mechanism, but I seriously don't take people's word for whatever it is they say they will do. Better to not expect than to be disappointed, right? Sorry, maybe I've just come across one too many dumb@$$e$ along the way.

So yea. When somebody keeps their word about things you absolutely did not believe they will do...it's called a pleasant surprise.

And it's all very, very surreal.

Thank you very much for being the odd one out. Knowing that there are special beings who still keep their word keeps the hope alive.


I overkill word usage.


~ omg. countdown has reached Day 0!

No comments:

Post a Comment