Monday, March 9, 2009

EnvSc Family Day (aka "of violent juniors")

I have to say it, "tsk...kids these days..."

"First" Family Day for EnvSc. The parentheses as it's been an extremely long time since someone last organised this event. It would have been wayyyy better if it had a turnout from all the lecturers and not only the Head of Program (who was waiting for his boat to come to go fishing) and the Dean of Faculty (whom came to officiate the event and then left). But of course, since us grad students were invited we just turned up for a while to show our support.


Sunday morning on the beach would have been awesome if I could just wear my shorts. However out of respect, I put on jeans. Denims on a sandy beach is hell. And it was unbearably hot.



They had a sand-castle building competition, and seeing how fun it seemed to be, we joined in. Just for fun. But nooo...they had this crazy notion to allow uncivilized attacks on the masterpieces prior to judging. And all of the bone-headed juniors took to attacking our creation. (Please explain this inane behaviour on the basis that any reports passing through our hands will be deducted 20% in the near future).



I would have had a good time if they hadn't thrown water and sand on me.


Seriously, I don't associate myself with juniors much as I believe that they will only bug the hell out of my life when they need something. I also do not believe in spoon-feeding them with notes and stuff. I mean, I survived my undergrad years without any of that, so I'm pretty sure they can do the same. Thing is, I wouldn't mind helping and advising when they ask, and if they were polite to us.

Washing away our half-grinded sediment samples was like over the top and signing a suicide note. I am not vengeful but I know others who are.

Them brats are soooo dead.

x's and o's

No comments:

Post a Comment