Saturday, March 21, 2009

Gaga Sharapova's Night

I know I'm a week late on this but (excuse coming up) I have been pretty harangued by goodness-knows-what datelines and stuff. In truth, I have no solid memory of what happens every week...basically I remember blurs.

Anyway, back to last Saturday when we celebrated the best-all-rounder-buddy's big day :)
Happy (belated) Birthday, Yu Li!!!
from all of us, including yours truly who took this pic :)

Sometimes I'm a bit put-off that there's no T.G.I.Friday's here in KK as I reckon it's a good place to celebrate (not my) birthdays. I remember vaguely that they'll make the birthday person stand on the table or something ;) And Yu Li's like the perfect candidate. However we headed over to Bed (which was rather a disappointment for me, I mean, come on, who plays 'jiwang' songs in a club on a Saturday night???) and they asked Yu Li to go up on stage (which she did) and downed a mug of beer (which she also did). AMAZING.


* * *

Technically I'm in my third month of research and am still stocking up on knowledge. It's definitely a challenge to take up delving into a new field which previously I've only had one major-three-credit-hour class worth of 'basics'. Should I add, two years ago?

But anyway, I reckon I'll be heading into field soon, so I expect (and hope) I'll be churning out more interesting entries when I'm out there. It should be pretty interesting living out in the wilderness for awhile. The kind of crazy stuff one has to do before one gets too old. I think it's good to experience that 'close-to-nature-mozzies-driving-me-crazy' while the buzz is there. Like maybe several years down the road, one gets jaded (or more jaded) by the comforts of life then you'll just turn down once-in-a-lifetime experiences like this.

when-not-in-field-work is quite dull

Closer to home, the 'office' has been undergoing 'renovations'. What sucked was that they were supposed to fix the internet line for that room so they yanked out all the wires...but have yet to get to rewiring. Which means we're pretty much 'disconnected' in there and have to bum over at the other room for the Internet. Apart from that, what's good is that during rainy evenings when we get too restless, we have the whole room to be stoopid :)

One more week to Earth Hour. And I got my goody-package!!! Thanks Christopher! You rock :)


x's and o's

No comments:

Post a Comment