Saturday, July 12, 2014

Day 1 : Welcome to the Big Adventure!


Am writing this with 4h 54m left in my flight and I really have to say, I LOVE Emirates Biznis Klas. But of course, I've nothing to compare it to and this is a first time experience. However, this is making a long haul flight really, really good. Firstly, it doesn't feel like I've been in a giant enclosed luxurious tin can, at 38,000 ft in the sky for the past 7 hours. And secondly, I'm in freakin Business Class baby!


Since I have several more hours to go and don't feel like sleeping (again) yet, I will write about the Big Adventure. This will be like the prologue before the first entry about a Bumpkin in J Class :)

I am on my way to one of the 'Greatest Cities on Earth' for a 2-week adventure with the Luv. We'll be hitting the Big Apple and her neighboring states, so expect entries on The City that Never Sleeps, Smithsonian geek fests, and a road trip up north to Seneca country.

And all this is happening because, in the words of the Luv, "I sold my soul to the devil." Luv is on a 6-month short term assignment in the States and his employers have generously allowed him to fly me over on his 'home leave' allocation. Hence the premium class travelling. And I am so grateful for this, because it is a freakin almost-24hr journey from KL and I get to do it with style, comfort, and yes, Free!

I have 4.5 hours before I land in JFK, so I will settle back in my flatbed, watch some shows on the IFE, and enjoy the last few hours in the lap of luxury.

Looking forward to the Big Adventure and most of all, looking forward to the seeing the Luv again after 3 months apart :)


Come, join me in my escapade, and welcome to my Big Adventure!


♥ from 38,000 feet,

No comments:

Post a Comment