Sunday, May 2, 2010

Marathon Day

First order of business: a round of hearty congratulations to all!

Yu Li, Pei Ying, Snel, Claire, Jim, Kai Yee, Aldillah, Woan Yee : for finishing your run!

Because I run with the minimal amount of stuff, I don't have any shots of the start of the race, people on the road, the awesome sunrise...only after-run photos from a borrowed camera.

This being my first serious run, the Borneo International Marathon was an experience to me. I reckon marathons are not only a physical challenge, but a mental one at that too. And this is the first time I actually ran 10km.

The breakdown was constant running at the first 4km, and then an alternate of speed-walking and running faster than usual for the remaining 6km. I couldn't keep the pace because my toes were hurting from the chafing. Yes, I have blisters :( which means: TIME FOR NEW RUNNING SHOES!!!

Yu Li and I completed our 10km run in roughly 1 hour and 15 minutes, which personally, is quite an achievement. So am truly proud. For that and also for completing :) Up my next time target, perhaps? 1 hour 5minutes for 10km? LOL KL Marathon is coming up late next month *am tempted*

We have our proboscis monkey Finisher's medals :)



*oh yea*

There's a lesson to be learnt here: You'll never know what you are capable of doing until you've tried and done it. I wouldn't have thought I'd ever had the stamina to do long-distance running (all these while I thought I could only do sprints) but I proved myself wrong today. It is very satisfying though. Food for thought.

Self-satisfaction pride,

No comments:

Post a Comment