Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Love thy rivers

The voice of my ancestors said to me,
The shining water that moves in the streams and rivers is not simply water, but the blood of your grandfather's grandfather.
Each ghostly reflection in the clear waters of the lakes tell of memories in the life of our people. The water's murmur here is the voice of your great-great grandmother.
The rivers are our brothers. They quench our thirst.
They carry our canoes and feed our children.
You must give to the rivers the kindness you would give to any brother.
* * *
Days are getting shorter. We're running out of time. So much still to do, but also on the bright side, I'm really looking forward to it. Just hope we won't be too exhausted to enjoy it when the time comes. Wait. Exhausted? In Europe? NOT.
I'm currently contemplating if I should extend my stay for a couple of days and hang around in Amsterdam. The thought of exploring a foreign country by myself is a little scary, but exhilarating too!
And then there's the most important thing in the world: do I have enough cash to spare?
Late night thoughts,
Li Ying

No comments:

Post a Comment