Friday, April 3, 2009

a matter of which way to look

Since I was 'accused' of being a party-girl and basically that's all I blog about, I thought I'd come up with one of those wordy-insight entries. Btw, I am far from being a party-girl and it's just coincidence that previous entries are on that, because, hey, I did say I'll blog about EVENTS.

Anyway, here goes:

I remember there was once a while back when I underwent depression or somehow just caught up with a lot of negativity. Someone respectable even pointed it out to me, and another friend actually suggested psychotherapy. Really.

But you know, along the way of moping and trying out extremeties to return meaning to my life, I realised that with everything, it's just a matter of perspective. For example, the saying goes:

"You never know what you had until you lost it."

But then again, you'll never know how much better you may have until you've lost the old one.

And I've been a true believer of "Things always happen for a reason." May it be a joyous affair, or a devastatingly heart-breaker, things ALWAYS happen for a reason. And it usually is for something better. There were so many times when I was disappointed, frustrated, or at a loss because I felt as if I were throwing away 'opportunities' due to commitment to other situations at that time. As it turns out, it was a good thing I couldn't make it as there are other better stuff that I really want to do being offered to me.

Sometimes it may sound like some lame 'self-consoling' thing people do when they say stuff like "better stuff might come" or "it's not meant to be"...but when you think about it, annoying as it may be, there might be an ounce of truth in it.

Talking about views, here's CorporateMe vs. In-FieldMe :)


Off the subject, the range-finder arrived today and it's quite a cool gadget to play with albeit its dizzying effect. So today's knowledge of the day is that the distance from my supervisor's room to the roof of the library is 296m.

Cheers and have a great weekend y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment